The Anaheim Boxing Club is a joint program of the Anaheim Community Services Department and the Anaheim Cops 4 Kids. You may sign up for the Boxing Program at the Anaheim Downtown Youth Center or through Anaheim C4K.
- To register through C4K: Youth must be an Anaheim resident or attend school in the City of Anaheim.
- A boxing member can remain in the program until 18 years of age.
- Eligible to apply for Anaheim PAL volunteer.
- If a parent and child from outside the City of Anaheim are requesting to join, only the C4K Boxing Coordinator and Head Coach may approve entry into the program, as long as there is space available.
- Monday – 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Friday – 5:00pm to 8:00pm – Testing is permitted by instructors permission only.
The Boxing Class which is on Tuesday and Thursday each week is recommended for starting out. The participants learn some Boxing while getting a good workout and having some fun doing it.
Boxing Student Activities
Students may be participating in other interactive activities such as inter-school competitions, CAL PAL and National PAL boxing tournaments. These activities will be highly encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Anaheim Boxing Club’s workout is mostly non-contact and is designed to teach boxing basics, which includes cardio, stretching, strength, and agility drills.
- In addition to a rigorous total body workout you will learn combination punching, which includes jab, cross, uppercut and hook punches. The class is tailored to the group participating and allows for direct interaction between the instructor and the participants.
- Anaheim Boxing Club’s workout starts with a cardio warm-up and stretching followed by two and three minute round boxing intervals done with emphasis on combination punching and lower body drills.
- Class ends with additional tone work for the upper body, abs, and lower body along with a stretching cool down.
- Boxing students must be able to participate in all physical fitness activities. The goal is to get the students to understand the importance of exercise and how it impacts the following:
- The ability to defend themselves
- Improve self confidence
- Improve eating habits
- Reduce stress
- Improve overall health